We offer you a chance to join Oticon Medical for an exciting opportunity based at our office in Sophia Antipolis, close to Nice in Southern France.
We venture beyond what is technically possible.
In Oticon Medical we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. We develop implantable medical hearing devices which requires custom IC’s, development of our own transducers, custom wireless solutions and tailormade electro acoustic solutions. If you have experience from developing similar electronic products and crave something new, then we would like to hear from you.
In your new role, you will be responsible of electrode development and electrochemical characterization and you will be part of team project focusing on novel electrode concept development. The work will be executed in very close collaboration with several functions in R&D, you will interact with external research and clinical partners.
You proactively support novel electrode concepts
As an expert in electrochemistry / Physics in our Research & Technology group, your role will be to proactively interact with project development teams to support them in electrode characterization and to be part of the design choice for new electrode concepts.
You will be part of new concept verification and investigation through research studies in close collaboration with key scientific and CI clinical partners across the world.
You have a research background and have developed strong skillsproject in the field of implantable electrode and biomaterials. You have a good understanding of challenges in active implant design, biomaterials and electrode/tissue interface. You are aware of biocompatibility, material stability and aging effects.
The position is based at our CI Oticon Medical HQ in Sophia Antipolis, at the French Riviera. You will be part of the Oticon Medical global Research & Technology development team and will report to the local Research & Technology Development manager.
Summed up, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Provide expertise and for novel electrode concept developments
• Deploy specific means for electrochemistry experiments
• Perform new concept electrode characterization including accelerated aging test
• Support research studies with external scientific and CI clinical partners
• Support partners in scientific publication of results
An expert in Electrochemistry / Physics for bringing novel concepts to live in products
We would hope you bring in the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of experience in electrode development for a medical application, preferably in the active implantable medical device.
• PhD or similar experience in implantable medical device research & technology domain, preferably related to stimulating/recording electrode.
• Experience with (per-surgery) electrophysiological measures is considered a plus
• Experience with electrode/tissue reactions is considered a plus.
• Experience with electrical behavior simulation is a plus
• Good communication skills, speak and write English proficiently
• Strong drive to bring new concepts to products
We believe that the best results come from a fruitful team effort, and it is important that you consider yourself as a team player who finds it inspiring to discuss challenges with colleagues, but who can also initiate and conduct tasks independently. You like to get things done. We have an informal and creative atmosphere where mutual respect is pivotal, and we strive for the common goal.
You have a scientific approach, and you also acknowledge the business point of view. You are pragmatic, have an eye for detail but never lose the overview.
Even if you don’t have all competences and experiences above, we would like to hear from you! There will be possibilities for the less experienced candidate to grow with the tasks, given the right mindset.
We believe in the good life
Oticon Medical offers many challenges in an international organization full of energy and expertise. The right candidate will learn very much in a short time span, since you will have the opportunity to work with all aspects of clinical studies. Personal and professional development is the foundation for the growth of our business.
We create solutions that allow people to live their lives to the fullest. We also recognize in order to bring energy and inspiration to work, you need to re-energize and spend time with family, friends and hobbies in a healthy work life balance.