New Concept Development – Electronics Hardware
We offer you a chance to join Oticon Medical for an exciting opportunity based at our office in Sophia Antipolis, close to Nice in Southern France. You will be part of defining and developing novel electronic hardware concepts for our future Cochlear Implant (CI) system solutions. You will take part in early concept development, sometimes in close collaboration with academic and clinical partners, and you will be instrumental in ensuring that proven concepts are smoothly integrated into products.
We venture beyond what is technically possible.
In Oticon Medical we are committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. We develop implantable medical hearing devices which requires custom IC’s, development of our own transducers, custom wireless solutions and tailormade electro acoustic solutions. If you have experience from developing similar electronic products and crave something new, then we would like to hear from you.
In your new role, you will be part of a multi-cultural, multi-site and multi-disciplinary team of concept developers and researchers located across Denmark, France and Sweden. Some travel between these sites may be expected. Your primary responsibility will be to bring the best in novel analogue and mixed signal electronic concepts to our Hearing Implant solutions.
You may be involved in a wide range of development and research activities, including:
- Development of future Hearing Implant stimulation engines,
- Low range RF transmission solutions,
- Biometric sensor solutions and tissue electrical interfaces
- Energy storage and harvesting solutions for medical applications,
- Proposing and innovating on mainly analogue and mixed electronic circuits to achieve our product roadmap,
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis to evaluate reliability and safety of electronic design,
- Test and Verify Design performance as well as regulatory requirements.
Solid experience on Electronics concept development for medical devices
One of the challenges in this job is to innovate and strengthen our electronic hardware platforms. To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following qualifications:
- Experience in analogue and mixed electronic circuits with a focus in one or more of: short range RF communications, low-power designs, low-noise amplifier applications, high-accuracy current sources,
- An understanding of PCB board layout and experience in design for EMI and EMC compliance,
- Experience with HW description languages (VHDL, or Verilog HDL) is appreciated,
- A demonstrated track record of innovation in the area through patents and/or publications,
- Knowledge of medical device development is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously,
- English (spoken/written),
- A PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related fields is considered an advantage.
As a person, you have a strong sense of integrity and a strong scientific focus. You possess good communication skills, understand the value of teamwork and have a strong drive to bring novel concepts into products.
As part of the Demant Group, Oticon Medical benefits from state-of-the-art facilities within prototyping, reliability testing, tools manufacturing and production technologies. Furthermore, you will have easy access to a vast pool of designs and knowledge from platform development teams in the Demant Group.