Would you like to work with products that actually change the lives of people worldwide and do it in a fast-growing company? Then you may be a good match for Oticon Medical. Right now, we are looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Production Support and Methods Manager.
Our mission is to improve the life experience for people with profound hearing losses. And we are proud to say that everybody working in Oticon Medical is passionate about making a difference – because to us sound matters.
Our commitment to making a difference
Together with skilled colleagues, you are part of a dynamic environment based on trust and openness, and you will experience a strong passion for our patients. We are a growing international company where everybody supports the business by making sure we successfully bring the best experience to our users. You will be working in a bright and open workplace, where a flexible working environment, knowledge-sharing and professional respect makes it meaningful to go to work. You will find the perfect framework for your professional and personal development in a culture built on trust, openness and mutual respect. We welcome you in a growing international company where we push hard to be at the forefront of what is technically possible. No matter if the goal is a new, highly advanced hearing aid feature, a new ERP system or a totally revolutionary marketing tool, we strive to excel.
We venture beyond what is technically possible.
Your role will be to manage the Production Support and Methods team on the Cochlear Implant Part at Oticon Medical located in Sophia Antipolis. You will report to the Industrialization Manager based on the Sophia Antipolis site.
As a team leader, your responsibility will be to coordinate and support your team’s actions and tasks, and to communicate the status of different projects. In this process, you will work closely with all departments and especially with the Project Managers, R&D, Production and Supply Chain, QA/RA.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Plan the activities, support and supervise the Production Support and Methods team,
- Participate in the technical choices of technologies and tools for production,
- Develop, optimize and qualify manufacturing processes in production,
- Support new products, equipment and tools transfer to production and ensure that the associated documentation is written,
- Ensure equipment compliance with the standards and requirements from Quality System,
- Ensure production operator training,
- Provide technical support for production,
- Monitor and ensure the qualification of production and inspection equipment,
- Ensure the development, qualification and transfer to production of tools,
- Manage the maintenance of production equipment and tools,
- Provide support for problems encountered in production (machine breakdowns, process drifts, tool breakage, …),
- Support and demonstrate leadership in the management of people working on projects.
As a Manager, your missions will be as follows:
- Manage the Production Support and Methods team,
- Define objectives and track and plan tasks,
- Participate in the definition of the department priorities,
- Communicate a periodic status of the projects for which the cell is responsible,
- Promote in the team the continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, the quality system and working conditions.
To succeed in this position, you have a minimum of 5 years confirmed experience in a position of Methods Manager or in a similar function. Experience in the field of medical devices and knowledge of ISO 13485 would be a strength.
In addition, we expect you to have the following skills:
- Master of Science / Engineer (generalist, mechanical, microtechnical, mechanical engineering or equivalent),
- Project Management,
- Team Management,
- Knowledge of process validation methods and techniques (QI/QO/QP),
- Good knowledge in technical drawing (tool design),
- Experience in a high regulatory constraint environment would be a strength.
Fluent in French is mandatory and a good level of technical English would be appreciated for this position.
As a person, you are:
- Results-oriented and you know how to set goals but also how to get them reached by your team,
- You are known for your natural authority,
- Characterized by a high level of technical insight and curiosity to support a multidisciplinary work environment,
- You are motivated by teamwork and have a natural ability to motivate others,
Pragmatic, you strive for efficiency and rigor in everything you do.