R & D (ba_FR_OTM_RD)
Do you have a passion for system engineering and thrive with analyzing and structuring system aspects as well as facilitating initiatives and individuals? Then this might be the perfect job for you.
We are looking for system engineer for our R&D in France (Sophia-Antipolis)
As a System Engineer you will become part of our System Engineering team in R&D at Oticon Medical. With architects from functions across R&D you are accountable for developing and maintaining our Cochlear Implant or Bone Anchored hearing system requirements, -architecture and -verification specifications to support needs in our product development and in alignment with our product roadmap.
You will be leading important architectural initiatives across the organization and have an important role in supporting project on decisions and planning related to system aspects. You will also collaborate with systems engineers from our Hearing Instrument sister company to ensure that we efficiently leverage from new chipsets and innovations from Oticon in the Oticon Medical CI and BAHS product lines
You will focus on innovation, performance and safety and will interface with other function engineers (electronic, mechanical, software, firmware, test), Quality/Regulatory as well as Engineering, Project Management, Product Marketing and Clinical teams.
More specifically your primary tasks consists of:
- Participation in product development projects having both an executing and advising role. You help project managers on project planning related to system aspects, identifying dependencies etc.
- Leading architectural initiatives and system related technical analyses securing that decisions are sound and fact based.
- Developing and maintaining our CI and BAHS system architectures, -requirements and -verification specifications for development projects.
- Participate in the risk management and usability engineering activities
- Interface to Oticon systems engineers to ensure a smooth integration of new Oticon chipsets and innovations into the Oticon Medical product line
- Drive information, training and other initiatives to roll-out and maintain systems engineering skills and mindset in Oticon Medical.
You hold a MS in Engineering or equivalent. You have demonstrated experience (5 years minimum) in an industrial regulated environment with broad exposure to hardware / software / system design.
You have profound system modelling skills and are comfortable breaking down complex systems and negotiating the right interfaces. You have experience with tools- and methodologies for systems engineering, like e.g. SySML. Finally you are fluent in English (spoken and written), and able to travel up to 30 days per year.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
In this role, you will collaborate with a multitude of internal stakeholders from the Swedish, Danish, and French part of the organization. This means you can look forward to working in a dynamic international business environment alongside lots of great people where you will be in a position to influence and drive business and get results.
You thrive at interacting with many stakeholders and know that defining requirements and architecture is very much about communication and involvement of the right people and about finding good compromises. You have a passion for creating the system overview and setting the systems into a broader context. You have interpersonal and leadership skills, possess systems thinking and have a strong product development understanding.