Are you motivated by bringing fantastic products to the market? And is the management of complex, high-tech product development part of your DNA? Then you can now contribute to the improvement of the life experience for people with a hearing disability!
What we do…
Oticon Medical is committed to improve the quality of life of profoundly deaf patients. For that, we develop implantable medical devices and surgical techniques to restore profound hearing loss. As a member of one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies, we share a close link with Oticon and direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies.
Multi-site development of high-tech hearing solutions
In this role, you will be part of Oticon Medical R&D consisting of three development sites: Smørum close to Copenhagen in Denmark, Gothenburg in Sweden and Sophia Antipolis close to Nice on the French Riviera. You will be based in Smørum, and you will be working in a multi-disciplinary and highly skilled product development team. Interaction with development teams at other Oticon Medical sites mainly in France, with internal and external subcontractors and with production facilities will be a natural part of your daily routine. You will report to the Senior Director for Sound Processer Solutions CI based in Smørum.
As People Manager of the cross functional team Mechanics, DSP, Audiology and Firmware, you will have the chance to take your employees on a journey and build a good team spirit and a sense of belonging. The team is developing the next CI Sound Processors. Still, you should be interested in an international environment, as you will be working cross-site with our other locations. Here, you need good stakeholder management skills and be open to cooperate with many different functions. You can expect to travel 15-20 days a year.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Personal management of a team of 7 engineers
• Building a strong team spirit and an understanding of how to contribute best in the overall organization to achieve our overall goals and deliverables
• Ensuring and developing the right competence and capacity according to plans and budget
• Ensuring quality and regulatory compliance according to European and American standards (MDR/FDA) for the team deliverables (Medical Class 3 product)
• Improving internal processes and ways of working to ensure best practice and pragmatic execution while compliant to standards
• Strong cooperation and coordination with the other parts of the CI development organization
• Budget input and follow-up for your own area
• Support the project organization with plans, estimates and resources for running and planned projects
• Engaging with counterparts within the Demant group to create synergies on development standards and technologies
You come with a B.Sc. or M.Sc. within a relevant technical area and have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a people manager. You furthermore come with the following competencies:
• A lot of drive and passion for what you do
• Excellent team builder and team player
• Strong coordinator
• Experience with multi-site development
• Experience from Agile development setup
• A good technical knowledge
• Strong cultural understanding
• Builder of bridges between departments and sites
• Experience from the heavily regulated Hearing Aid or other Medical Device development industry will be a plus
• Experience with Project Management will be a plus as well
Chance to influence
Oticon Medical is still a young organization with great opportunities to help define ways of how to do things. We are working on exciting new products based on a new platform, which will be a very big step for our organization and product portfolio. Overall, we are a growing business and therefore looking forward to your input and ideas!
Would you like to join the team?
Please apply online and no later than 28 October 2020. If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please contact Senior Director Mads K. Madsen at +45 42 15 01 47.
We are excited to get to know you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.