Do you want to make a difference for our users and clinical partners by contributing to state-of-the-art research on medical imaging of the inner ear and the cochlear – then join us.
We are looking for an imaging expert proficient with Bayesian methods and deep learning for the processing and analysis of images of cochlea and other inner ear structures.
You will be joining Oticon Medical’s Research & Technology team: a dynamic, ambitious, international, curiosity-driven crew of about 15 engineers and researchers. We are dedicated to shaping the future of hearing implant solutions. We investigate, conceptualize, prototype, implement, communicate and share our vision and our work with Oticon Medical’s product development and clinical teams. We work closely with our academic and external clinical partners and share our passion with them.
Your core responsibility will be to lead the technical development of an imaging solution dedicated to automatic processing, segmentation and analysis of cochlear and other inner ear structures.
You will be working closely with the research project manager and owner of the solution, with medical imaging expert consultants co-developing the solution together with you and with clinical researchers pioneering the use of the solution in tight loops with you.
You will also interact regularly with various stakeholders in the Research, Product Development, Product Management, Marketing, Regulatory and Clinical teams across the Danish and French sites at Oticon Medical.
Your responsibilities will include:
Leading the way
- Contribute to the vision of an image-aided cochlear implant therapy by suggesting features, methods, and sub- or derivative projects, both within the scope of the current solution and beyond
- From the collective vision, contribute to the road mapping of image-aided cochlear implant therapy
- Conceptualize, prototype and test new imaging algorithms for the automatic processing, segmentation and analysis of cochlear and other structures of the inner ear from CT or MRI images preferably in Python – within and beyond the current scope of the available solution
- Initiate and lead discussions on the prioritization of backlog activities for the current solution
- Oversee the implementation effort addressing features/functionality of the current solution led by other developers and expert consultants
- Collect, analyze and synthesize feedback from pioneering users of the solution and follow-up appropriately
- Publish in high impact factor journals and represent Oticon Medical in medical imaging, otolaryngology and other related fields of research
Implementing and analyzing
- Take a leading role to the implementation effort
- Document your activities and code according to best practices
- Support the cochlear implant and electrode development teams by implementing custom scripts for the processing and analysis of images that may serve electrode development purposes
- Support clinical researchers/pioneer users with the analysis of exported data, e.g. statistical analysis
- Contribute to the betterment of current research and development processes by suggesting new ways of working
- Suggest and drive a scientific communication agenda, including writing/contributing to peer-reviewed publications and presentations in international conferences
Are we looking for you?
As a person you are easy-going and able to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders from various technical and business background. You are solution oriented, ambitious and driven to succeed. You are self-motivated and energized by working in a multidisciplinary and international team environment.
We are also looking for:
- A PhD in medical image analysis or similar
- An expert in Bayesian methods applied to medical imaging
- A track record of successful experiences and key contributions to industrial and/or academic research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency with Python and its distribution of SimpleITK, VTK, PyTorch, numpy, scipy, Django and Celery
- Experience with distributed execution on many cores systems
- Proficiency with deep learning methods for medical image analysis is an advantage
You should expect to travel approx. 30 days per year. Our company language is English.
What’s in it for you?
We offer you a challenging position with very good possibilities for both personal and professional growth. You will become part of a successful global organization and through your role quickly gather a thorough understanding of our business.
Want to join the team?
If so, please apply for the job no later than October 11th, 2020. We only accept applications via our online recruitment system. If you have any questions, please contact Francois Patou, Senior Translational Research Manager at FPAT@oticonmedical.com.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.