Would you like to join a company that provides hearing impaired people with the sounds of life that allow them to live normal lives with friends and family?
We are currently looking for a new Head of Digital Development to join Oticon Medical. We are currently on a brand-new product journey and your job will be to help us in defining a product that will be central for our business the following years to come.
Feeling challenged? Read more.
Your focus – Fitting software for cochlear implants
In your new role, you will lead an international team of 15-20 developers, architects and specialists located across three sites (Denmark, France and Poland). You will play a very important role in improving and developing a software platform for supporting our most modern and highly complex hearing implants. We work with the most advanced technologies and development methodologies.
The software products you will be working with, are developed for our professional customers (hearing care professionals) who use it from initial surgery to the individual fine tuning of our hearing implants. It is a desktop application, but mobile apps and cloud-based solutions play a (growing) part of our deliveries. We continuously work to adapt and optimize our development methods and we are significantly influenced by agile development thinking.
You can look forward to a challenging position with following responsibilities:
- People leadership; we believe in visible leadership, and in a style that lends itself to that of Servant Leadership. People are our most important capacity, so we need you to look after our people.
- Software leadership; Engage in overall roadmap discussions, prioritizations and planning.
- Knowledge sharing: Facilitate learning and sharing within a curious and motivated team.
- Innovation: Identify and drive activities for improving software engineering practices, tools, infrastructure and other quality system processes and deliverables.
- Quality and security; Facilitate standards and compliance to Oticon Medical QMS Design control procedures are met through documentation, risk analysis, design reviews etc.
One thing is certain, we are looking for someone who wants to develop our current ways of working.
The software person of our dreams
In general, we hire more on mindset than on skillset, but to make our hearts beat a little faster, we hope to find a new colleague with the following:
• Curiosity about the needs from business, professionals and patients – and possess a good understanding of these
• a high degree of technical insight and curiosity to support a multi-disciplinary work environment
• People leadership experience
• Master’s degree - or equivalent - in software engineering with 3-5 years’ experience.
• Experience from a software delivery organization
• Strong foundation in design of complex software solutions.
• Ability to coach and mentor team members and guide technical direction of teams.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality.
• Understanding of agile development methods and agile software organizations
• Excellent stakeholder management skill with verbal and written communication expertise in English.
• Previous experience in leading medical device software development.
• Hands-on experience with .NET technology stack with focus on application development using C#, F#, WPF, XAML.
• Knowledge of design control standards and regulations – FDA QSR, GMP, ISO13485, IEC 62304, IEC 62366, ISO 14971
As a person, you thrive with having numerous stakeholders and close collaboration with your team colleagues. You seek constructive dialogue with your peers and the business in general. Likewise, you are open to challenge but also be challenged on your views and knowledge. Finally, working in an open atmosphere and offices suits your style of work. Some travel is to be expected.
Want to join us?
Then send your application and CV no later than 25th of October. We are screening candidates on an ongoing basis, so please send us your resumé and application as soon as possible.
Only candidates applying through hour online recruitment system will be considered for this position. If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Director of Digital Solutions Thomas Funder on +45 22 83 12 07.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.