Are you ready to make a difference for people with a profound hearing disability and are you fueled by challenges and by reaching ambitious goals? Is managing complex, high-tech product development projects in an international and multi-cultural setting part of your DNA? Is it second nature for you to motivate a team of development engineers to reach ambitious goals through teamwork and dedication?
Then you may be the Project Manager we are looking for to head development of market leading hearing implants solutions in Oticon Medical.
Be part of our exciting journey
Oticon Medical is a fast growing company in the area of cochlear implants and bone anchored hearing systems. Join us on our exciting journey and help us develop innovative implantable hearing solutions to improve the life of thousands of children and adults across the globe.
Project management of high-tech, innovative, Cochlear Implants solutions
You will be part of Oticon Medical New Product Introduction (NPI) team consisting on managing projects of change, improvement, on existing products. You will also lead projects to introduce in production new products. You will work out of our site in Sophia Antipolis but you could work in close collaboration with other sites of Oticon Medical : Copenhagen (DK), Gothenburg (SE), Mierzin (PL)
As a Project Manager in Oticon Medical, you will in addition have a close collaboration with hearing system platform development teams in our sister company Oticon as well as external partners and subcontractors.
Your key responsibilities include
- Project planning & execution - from early concept phase to release for production
- Conduct projects of change on existing products – from change request to release for production and/or GMED approval
- Ensure deliveries comply to medical, regulatory and internal quality requirements
- Project reporting and milestone reviews according to our quality management system
- Pro-active stakeholder management - both to internal and to external partners or subcontractors
- Leadership and motivation of the people working in the project
Oticon Medical offers the opportunity to lead various types for projects: concept projects, new product introduction, and product sustaining.
The project team typically comprises all functions involved in bringing the product to the market: R&D, production, quality and regulatory, product marketing and reliability functions.
Project Manager with proven track record in technical product development
In order for you to be a success in this position, it is vital for you to have a documented experience from similar jobs preferable from a company within the area of medical devices. Furthermore, we expect you to hold a relevant technical degree in combination with at least 5 years of experience from the above-mentioned areas.
To summarize the following skills and qualifications are required:
- A B.Sc. or an M.Sc. engineering degree, business engineering or similar technical background
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in product development, engineering project management
- Experience from working with cross-professional teams across multiple sites
- Fluency in English (spoken/written); mastering French will be an advantage
- Experience from medical device development and medical device standards will be an advantage.
- Experience managing projects of change in products or projects of change in corporate processes
Results driven Team player by heart
As a person,
- You are results driven, and know how to set goals – and how to reach them with your team
- You think and act holistic and like to take responsibility
- You are a skilled in creating and maintaining good relations to all parts of the organization
- You have a natural authority in you management style
- You have a general technical insight and curiosity to support a multi-disciplinary work environment
- You know how to benefit from multi-site and multi-cultural development teams
- You are a team player by heart with a natural ability to motivate
- You are pragmatic and strive for efficiency in all that you do